Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Researching compost bins

Isn't this a nice one.

I've just started looking at different links to see how to make one of my own. This is my next outdoor project - A compost bin. I'm so excited. I also want to start growing some herbs or vegetables. I know we've got a lot of wildlife roaming around our backyard so I'll have to research on how to keep them from eating everything before we do.

Here is a link to a great site I've discovered and joined before we moved.
click here : Freedom Gardens

The Path to Freedom Journal blog linked me to Freedom Gardens. They are my neighbors and I've been inspired by their lifestyle. It is amazing what they are doing. Take a look.....Path to Freedom Journal.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to post this again since you did not respond to it the first time.

    http://www.gardenwiseonline.ca/gw/how/2008/03/01/grow-salad-garden-plastic-bucket

    grow your own food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me. This I can start right away. I think? Time of year?
    I'm still looking to see how I can start my compost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also interested in composting, but I live in a small apartment so I'm not sure what I can do. You've inspired me to really look into it. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tantra,
    I came across some links on Google which had small compost containers that you could keep indoors or outdoors in a small patio.
    Glad, I've inspired someone. All this Green talk is contagious and fun.
    I'm looking for a container that is not too big for our backyard. The one above I like because it turns and sits on a cradle. It also opens from both ends.
    I'm still going to make it myself. I will post photos when I get it done.
    A Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna. I responded to your awesome $20 compost bin find in my comments, but then worried that you wouldn't see it. I'm interested to know more about the bin your found. I've always wanted to compost, but never have.

    My name on Freedom Gardens is tantraflower if you would like to friend me over there so we can keep in touch re: the gardening and composting.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.