Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lights Not Out in LA

It's such a joke how an event like this in Los Angeles can't be accomplished. Our family participated and it was amazing that the news (an hour after the scheduled event) never mentioned anything about it. I looked online and again nothing. This morning I finally found a small write up by the LA Times and I just shake my head from disappointment. If your interested in reading the article. - copy and paste this link from the LA Times to read it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-lights21oct21,1,365977.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california

A whole year the officials had to publicize this and they didn't do much to make people aware of this event. I didn't hear about it until yesterday morning. A quick blurb in the news. Another is scheduled for March 29th.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...KCRW gave it a lot of coverage, but you're correct--there should've been more of an "event" for the city.

    Let your coulcilperson know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I will do my part. I found a forum with comments regarding the lights out for an hour, and it amazed me how scared people are of any change. Anger and Fear of anything different. It wears me out to read and see so much hostility and apathy in the United States. I can't sulk over this. I will write a letter and send it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.