Monday, October 29, 2007

A cloudy day at the cemetery

My sister wanted to go to the cemetery to decorate our mother's plot, so the Toot and I picked her up and off we went.

It was a beautiful day and I was lucky to get some nice pictures.

We miss our mom, especially during the holidays. I still think of her everyday. Just today as I was driving to my sister's house I had do drive through our old neighborhood and as I drove towards Sycamore Park I saw a small older woman walking up the sidewalk who reminded me of my mother. This was from a distance. Sometimes I like to see things fuzzy because of this. It's easier to image her sweet face when I see something blurry that'll remind me of her.



Sis and Toot...




















The cemetery has always been a calming place for me. It has always been a safe place to just release my worries or forgive and pray in my own way.


3 comments:

  1. I am one of those people who believe if someone is still in your heart then they aren't really gone. Dolores would be nothing but proud of you in the way you are raising her granddaughter and living your life. I know I am.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing a great job! I couldn't be doing all this without you. Mom knows I have never been this happy.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you! Love Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.