Here are a couple of before and after photos of a cute little bench that I've given a makeover.
The weather has been ideal for painting outdoors and I found the weekends the best time to work on it. This shade of green is a favorite of mine and I find myself using it in my paintings quite a bit. Now, it's the bench's turn to wear it for a while. There is an old picnic bench that is next on my list. I hope to get it done before the cool weather comes.
This is what she looked like before I fixed her up.
Cute design on the metal frame. I lightly sanded the frame with some sandpaper and steal wool before I spray painted with a lightly textured paint that required no primer.
It was very easy to take apart and I did label each slat with tape and a number so I could put each one back in its original place.
The slats were individually sanded with a sanding pad and 80 grit sanding paper. Great exercise!
Now, I should mention that The Gorilla thinks I should be cleaning the house (vacuum, bathroom, mopping....) on weekends. I have a hard time picking up the broom and mop on weekends when I would much rather be sanding and painting on projects like this.
I can never please The Gorilla.