Friday, September 11, 2009

"Red Leaves"

"Red Leaves"
Opaque watercolors and ink

I've finished this piece, finally. It's part of my Dream Landscape Series. Landscapes have become a personal discovery which I will continue to express with small paintings and drawings. I've always got one in the background. They patiently wait for me to add some more. Lately, I've got about four projects that I am working on, and each one is different from the other. I do well with variety. In the end I feel they all have a bit of me which is apparently mine. Like the Toot.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!!! ... Great work...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, Pura
    It took me a while to finish this and I'm glad I did. It was a pleasure to make. I'm eager to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. I love the colours and the way the river winds through, pinning it all together. The marks made me think it was a peice of textiles to begin with. Very unusual - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn Chapman,
    I am so pleased to meet you. An illustrator!! :) Who has similar interests (I read your profile).

    I appreciate your comment and compliment on this painting. The landscapes are a new interest and I make them because I have to get them out of my dreams. They are visual travels I have in my mind and they feel so real when I sleep. This is how I capture them.

    It was 6:30 am when I checked my emails and you've made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.