Friday, November 7, 2008

Joselito - Abuelita

I dedicate this video to Manglor and our Mom.

I'm a big crier when it comes to music that reminds me of my mother. This reminded me of the bond my mother and my nephew always had. He probably doesn't like hearing it, but he did have a striking resemblance to Joselito.

I've already had my good cry while I watched this video.


I get a little bluesy when the holidays come. My mother always got the whole family together for Thanksgiving and Christmas. She cooked and cooked for days because she loved cooking. She fed everyone and anyone who didn't have a place to go for the holidays. Every year I helped her with the cooking and cleaning of our home to welcome everyone. I didn't realize back then how much she was giving me. Today I can't seem to enjoy the holidays as much as I did when my mother was alive. I wish I had the room in our home to continue her gift for everyone. I have many good memories of her and I'll never forget what love is.

I love you Mom.

5 comments:

  1. Annita, I know our Mom is smiling right now and you know I feel the same way.
    She was a great example of what unconditional love is and we are rich because of it.
    I Love You, & Thanks for keeping her memory alive. Love Vicky,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's something special that you've got such wonderful memories of your mother.
    Joselito and many others ... where the films that I'd seen when I was little - good ones -.
    I like your latest art work - the hair color - i've always liked orange hair in fact it was my hair color for many years i think that it goes well with my personality ;)until i'd changed to henna.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pura,
    We are about the same age and so you would remember Joselito's movies. Nice memories.
    The design on your henna package in your photo kind of reminded me of this illustration...just a little. The spot on the forehead.
    I've always liked red heads!

    Vicky,
    I'm glad you saw the video. I wanted to call you so we could watch it together and cry. Las lloronas. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I cry everytime I play the video.

    Bless you both and your families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why you gotta be pulling on my heart strings.
    I miss her so much, I don't think a day goes by that I don't think about her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manny,
    I had this saved in my Utube and it called me to put it up on my blog. Dia de los muertos got me into this mood. I've taken my altar down. No more sad.

    Smile and be happy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.