Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The day is finally here!







Go out and VOTE!






Obama! Obama! Obama! Obama!


Update:

I have voted and I took my big sister to vote. No provisional ballots for us! We want our votes to count.

We had a little scene at my sisters polling place because they almost had her fill out a provisional ballot. She should have been directed to the next room for her voting place, but they took the easier (lazy) route by sending her to a table a few steps away to fill out a PB. On our own we found her polling place and she voted (this was in the same building). I couldn't leave until I said something to the people who told her she wasn't registered. It felt great to speak up. I usually don't like to make waves or have all eyes on me, but this time I had to say something. Especially when I saw how unprofessional and unhelpful they were to my sister. I knew there were going to be many more confused people coming in to vote and they don't deserve to be treated this way.

I'm done. I'm off my soapbox.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there - on a personal note - most of the people I know here in the UK ( and as I know myself -that includes me !)would love to see Obama win today - good luck !!

    Steve (My Dog Ate Art)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been exciting and inspiring to watch. A McCain and Palin win would be a sickening thought. I'm lighting my candle now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is great day for all of us!!!!!!! I made my point at the people on Whittier Blvd as we drove past. No on H8TE.....I am excited to say I prodded Maritza's 18 &19 year old friends to get out to vote. And I sent them my cheat sheet too!!!. It felt great when at the end of the day they proudly displayed their I voted stickers! :) Ahhh sweet sucess.--- 3 more votes for Obama woohoo ...................................................................................3 at a time.............................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Liz!

    "We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!"

    I was elated yesterday when I drove to Nat's class. We're going to have a President that will inspire and give hope back to many americans. Yes we can!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.