Friday, October 17, 2008

Reclining Figure



When I did this (a couple nights ago) I didn't have the energy to type in any information about it. Today I've got a few minutes before we're off to the park. I also got asked by a blogger friend to write about it.

I created this on Illustrator and played with it for a couple of hours until I was happy with the composition. I usually start drawing and keep adding more of the figure if I have enough room. I've always enjoyed drawing the nude figure. If I had the space and time I would do the figure in a large scale. Working so small is beginning to feel limiting and uncomfortably contained. Break loose! Where's the free spirit!.......? Give me a 3 inch paint brush and a 10x10 foot canvas. Square. 

What motivates me? Lack of time, my age, gratitude and an inner spark that never quits. I have a need to draw something everyday. When I was pregnant I could not use my hands to do anything. They were swollen and the finger tips had a burning sensation all the time. So for about six months of my pregnancy I couldn't write, draw or hold anything. It felt awful to not have the use of my hands. I am so grateful now. Never again will I take my body and my creative spirit for granted. 

Enough about me. We're off to the park! It's another beautiful day. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. nice!
    tell me how you created it, how long it took you, and what motivates you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved these. I'm ready for a big canvas too! Or broken tile. The steps and the walls need work. After the 28th I'm finally free. Come up and maybe we can paint something! Besides you have to see my new room! Things have been crazy................
    ..........................Liz-------------------------''''''''''''''''''''''////''''''''''''''''''////'''''''''''''''////''''''''''''''////''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''\\\\'''''''''''''''''''\\\\'''''''''''''''\\\\'''''''''\\\\''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;------*------*------*------*------*--------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''................................................................................
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    ReplyDelete
  3. **%^*($%$^^&*(&^*&%^&$&*(*&%^$$#&^&*(*%%$%^&*^#%^*&^*((..................Hi Liz!............. : )

    Yes!!! We have to get together soon! I miss you. So many changes going on here and I can't wait to catch up. Hugs!

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Long live Art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.