Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'll call her Lilly.


She's done and ready to go up on my Etsy store. She actually does remind me of a girl named Lilly. We were probably in the 3rd or 4th grade when one afternoon she bit my arm while we were sitting at our desks waiting for the dismissal bell to ring. I guess she had some "Issues" she had to take care of. I'm lucky to have survived my childhood with not too many feral classmates. Oh, and her eyes did bulge out a bit like this. They called her,"Froggy". From what I remember this was the nickname she used later in junior high.  

Labels. They are painful. Maybe this is why she had this pent up hostility. I'd get teased about my teeth and my nose. I got over it and I didn't join a gang. I survived. 

So, this is my portrait of Lilly. I hope she got over it and became a pretty princess. I forgive you.