Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Drafting sketches and independence

I'm exhausted, but I wanted to post some quick sketches of some sculpy pieces that I've been working on and finally finished. I'm getting ready to post the finished pieces on Etsy in a day or two. It takes a lot of time to get everything ready for display.


These are some quick drawings that I had fun creating as part of my photo display in my Etsy store. 


There is something about measurements and drafting lines that fascinates me. When I finished these drawings I remembered when I took a drafting class in high school. I was the only "yound lady" in the class and it was a little unsettling at first, but that didn't stop me from doing well in the class. It's interesting how I was already forming my interests in details, measurements, and independence. 












I am grateful that my parents never told me that I shouldn't be taking classes that didn't have other females enrolled. They let me blaze my own path. I'm still blazing my way through this amazing life I've been given.  




Update: Click on Titles to see the actual finished pieces.