Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Urge to Create

I stayed up late last night so I could finish this drawing. I started it earlier this week and yesterday I was determined to get it finished. It reminds me of an etching. Lately, my time has been soaked up with a little bit of homemaking, organizing, and of coarse my little monkey. I was obsessed with this piece because I haven't had any time for drawing in a while. The creativity juices were sweet and I am very pleased with what came out. 

I've got the second sculpy piece halfway painted and it's waiting to be completed. When I work with acrylic paints I've realized that I need more time to get set up and mix my paints. So, my twenty minutes here and there won't work with acrylics. It's a completely different set-up compared to watercolors. It'll get done. This is why I had to do the drawing above. I needed to release the urge to create.

I will be putting it up for sale on Etsy.