Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Family



"Family"
micro pen on paper


Listening to the podcast OnBeing "Gustavo Santaolalla" and painting this morning. 
Yesterday, I called my father and it's difficult to express all the thoughts I have after talking to him and seeing him. Since he is alone and my mother has passed I am constantly reminded that family will continue to change and we are all going to be gone one day. 
This awareness is the reason I am changing how I approach my days and interactions with everyone I see each day. It's a slow process, but every day I am given a chance to practice a new way of appreciating all that I experience myself and with others. 
Simple acts: eye contact when I cross someone when I'm walking. A smile. A thank you. Saying I'm sorry when I realize I made a mistake. 
Listening.