Monday, January 6, 2014

Bare Heel


"Bare Heel"




"Her Shoe" (detail)





"Her Bare Foot" (detail)

© Anna M. Rodriguez

From the sketch book. Completed within two days. 
Went to a mexican birthday party and I got in the mood to sketch out what I imagined her feet looked like after dancing. It was late and an outdoor party. So many were freezing. I'd catch a few looks to see the young women dancing and taking shots of some alcohol. Didn't care to find out what it was they drank. Their display of dancing and shouting caught my attention for a few seconds and this is how I finished the sketch. 

"Her Shoe" was completed before we went to the party. 

"Her Bare Foot" was completed the next morning. 

Ah! I feel great!! I don't miss the hangovers. I don't miss the drinking. 
I am grateful.

(Click image to see larger)