Thursday, July 16, 2009

A sketch called Ambrosia




Ambrosia

This is a sketch that I've been working on a bit at a time. I'll be approaching this in a different manner. Thinking about adding color on the bond paper. I'm usually transferring a pencil sketch to a watercolor block and adding watercolor and gouache to the second generation. I don't want to go through that process with all this detail. I did the pencil sketch about two months ago when I got sick with a cold. I then went over the pencil sketch with a black art pen. This took several days to do. Now, I've been visualizing how I'm going to add color. It'll be different than my usual applications.


Her feet remind me of my mother's feet. Especially her big toes.


Painting her view.

Ambrosia

9 comments:

  1. This is just lovely, Anna. I love your grass blades; they are unmistakably yours! I hope you let us see the finished product. :)

    I love that your daughter has an interest in art. And she has the cutest toes!

    Peace and love to you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, Tantra Flower.
    I'm happy with it and I will be showing the finished piece here.

    Hope your projects are coming along as planned. I look forward to seeing what you'll be making to sell.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is amazing! I loooove it. And the little toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be looking forward to the finished piece...should be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the visits, Captain Dumbass and Pat.
    I've also posted this photo of 'Ambrosia' in my Facebook and I've received good responses there too.

    I'm pleased and excited to keep at it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well that's a wonderful sketch Ann...love it :))

    best
    -nivi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Nivedita.
    Lots of images in my mind that I'm having fun with. It's fun when they come out so easily.
    Good to see you aren't having any problems with your creative side. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, rahul.
    Still working on this one.
    Also, thanks for posting your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.