I'm back! I've finally finished the sandbox and here are some progression photos.
Here is the bookcase before I cut off about two feet from one end. The back was a 1/8th inch plywood, which I removed.
Gave the Toot a section to paint herself. This lasted a few strokes before she moved on to another activity involving dirt and water.
Five $5. bags of sand made specifically for sandboxes was all I needed to fill the box. I did line the inside with a plastic tarp to keep the sand contained at the bottom and in the box. I started this in February and finished in April. It did take me a while because of the overcast days we were having during these months. With the Toot's classes and potty training I was a bit busy.
Found this caterpillar in the bushes when I was pulling weeds one sunny morning. It's a beauty!
Oh! Potty Training Camp is completed and with great success!