Sunday, August 10, 2008

On the Bus - A field trip

We have been out and about. Last week we had a special field trip riding the city bus. My brother-in-law is a driver for MTA and he's got a sweet route that took me back to my childhood. This is my sister sitting next to the Toot.

She's losing her patience look. I kept asking her to look at the camera and Smile!


This is what I got when I tried to get my brother-in-law, my sister and the Toot in the same picture frame. I was so preoccupied with the composition that I didn't see what she was doing when I clicked the camera. 


We had a fun time and I especially enjoyed the view of my old neighborhood, Lincoln Heights, Boyle Heights and East LA. We rode through streets that I hadn't gone by since I was a kid. Funny, some of the streets and hills that we drove by still come up in my dreams. So much has changed. This is inevitable and a little sad. I remembered my mother and some of the places she used to patronize. Soto street.... the diet doctor, la libreria and the Sears store south of 1st street. We passed the small store where she would by masa harina for her tamales. 

This new week we will be going to a small petting zoo in Montebello. I will try to get some photos for that field trip too.